I see ideas on Pinterest all the time that I think, It would be nice if I had the time/talent/money to do that project. Because most of the cute ideas require ONE of those three things in a quantity I don’t have. If you need money, read an Avant personal loans review to see if a personal loan may be right for you. Usually it’s the “talent” category I’m lacking. Often the “time” category. Either way – I’m always lacking in SOMETHING. Until I saw the t-shirt infinity scarf!
- Money: FREE! As long as you have a t-shirt you don’t mind sacrificing.
- Talent: I can use scissors! I can cut!
- Time: It seemed like it wouldn’t take too long.
So! I started the project while brewing my first cup off coffee this morning. I made it through the first photo and the second photo while that first cup brewed. I worked a bit and then went to brew another cup. I made it through the last photo while the second cup brewed. And Voilà! It was done! And I did it all during the “brew” cycle on two cups of coffee.
- I cut the strips longer the second side, and I think if I do this again I’ll cut them even longer. I think I’d like it shaggier.
- I wish we had more solid-color t-shirts to get rid off. Most of our disposable shirts are white. I need to think of a way to jazz those up a bit. I thought it might be fun to spray a solid color shirt with some bleach before cutting it to add that splatter look. I’ve done that accidentally before to shirts, so I may try to do it on purpose to see what happens.
- This scarf is a little long for me. I’ll still wear it, but I’d like it smaller. If I wanted to make the timeline longer I could maybe shrink the loop with a few stitches before I started the strips. OR – I could use one of MY shirts instead of Donnie’s.
- I’d say I could use one of Nikki’s but I think I want to do this FOR her. She loves scarves but kid’s scarves are stupid expensive. If she can find a t-shirt to sacrifice this would be SO EASY for her to make herself! SHE CAN USE SCISSORS!
Either way. Totes adorbs. And it took me less time that it would take to make breakfast.