One more thing – while putting together this recipe my goal was to fill the crockpot as A) We have five people in my family and B) I eat leftover for lunch every day. This recipe fills the standard crockpot. IT MAKES A LOT OF SOUP is what I’m saying.
Turnip Green and White Bean Soup
A Delicious And Easy Soup Your Kids Will Never Eat Because…GREENS! EW!
- 32 oz carton of chicken broth
- 2 cans of great northern beans
- 2 cans of whole kernel corn
- 1 can of rotel
- 1 large 27 oz can or 2 16oz cans of turnip greens
- 2 packets of Knorr Vegetable seasoning
- One package of kielbasa – sliced (I use Jennie-O turkey)
Dump in crockpot. Cook on low for 5+ hours. (I left it in for 8 the other day and it was FINE.)
Now – this soup is SUPER tasty but…BUT…if your kids are anything like mine? They won’t eat it. Because – you know – GREENS! EW! Some parents force/train their kids to eat things they don’t like. I am too lazy to fight about it, so what I did was cooked some cheese-filled tortellinis to go with the soup – the kids ate the tortellinis alone and we dumped what they didn’t eat into the soup. Everyone’s happy!