One look at Wes and you just know that his power of cuteness is evil and could overtake you at a moments notice. Add in his latest phase of Cuddle Monster and his powers are multiplied exponentially. He’ll reach his arms out for a “hug” and next thing you know you’ve been carrying him for an hour and you can’t/won’t put him down because his sweet arms are wrapped tightly around your neck and he’s saying things like, “I’ll keep you warm, Momma.”
BACK OFF KID…I KNOW YOUR TRICKS.
But lately, man…he has had some great hysterical moments of cuteness. I wanted to try to document them for posterity and to share them with you so that you can see what I’m dealing with over here. PURE, UNADULTERATED EVIL. Some of these statements or questions seem innocuous when you first read them, but imagine them spoken by an adorable boy with giant blue eyes and big blonde girls and you’ll see exactly what I’m dealing with over here.
- “Nikki! You are not old enough to dance sexy like that!” While watching his sister dance during GLEE. She wasn’t ‘dancing sexy’ for the record but I have gotten on her for that before. 🙂
- “We don’t say, ‘What the hell?'” At family dinner. Of course.
- “Momma, you look beautiful.”
- “Did you have a good run?” Another variation: “Did you have a good boot camp?”
- “I’ll rub your head for you…” In response to my regular headaches. His headrubs are actually quite good.
- “When I grow up, will I get boobies too?”
- “Nikki! Come see Momma’s big muscles!”
- “Momma…I don’t really like wereworlves.”
- “Can I have some privacy?” When he feels like he doesn’t really want company in the bathroom with him.