The new hot-blog meme is the Six Things You May Not Know About Me challenge. Since I am nothing if not a blog-lemming, I must jump on the bandwagon and do the same meme. Although I may have probably done it before. In which case it’s 6-12 things you may not know about me:
1. I made an attempt at “goth” for awhile in high school. It was not a successful attempt as I lacked a certain angst to pull it off. But – I did sport the combat boots, torn jeans, MC Escher T-shirt, and snake jewelery. Nothing says, “Life sucks” like snake jewelery, you know.
2. I am totally freaked out by roller coasters. I used to love them as a kid. As an adult? Just looking at them makes me cry.
3. My brother and I won a t-shirt from Nickelodeon when we were kids. It was a call-in contest during Turkey Television. I think we took turns calling and I can’t remember which one of us actually won. I’m thinking it was me because I”m the cool one.
4. LilZ and I used to have an apartment above a VERY scary guy who worked weird shifts and would bang on our floor anytime we moved after 7pm because that would be when he’d be sleeping. We couldn’t even walk without pissing him off. I yelled at him through the floor when he scared LilZ one night, and we moved to a different unit a few weeks later. Dude was WEIRD.
5. I used to have a a bumper sticker that said, “Kill Your Television.” I was serious.
6. I have a huge love for the Calvin and Hobbes comic by Bill Watterson.
13 thoughts on “6 Things You Might Not Know About Me”
#5 just really threw me for a loop
I am SO glad I’m not the only one who freaks out over Roller Coasters! yay!
I am freaked out by rollercoasters too now. Also, Calvin and Hobbes is by far one of the funniest comics out there. Good taste!!
Calvin reminds me of my husband. In attitude, not looks 😉
Oh, my 6 things…
Well since no one really knows me from your blog this will be easy.
1. I used to love reading Danielle Steele. I was an English major; I was such a fraud.
2. When I was 7 I stole a pack of gum from the grocery store and my mom caught me.
3. When I was 19 I stole a pack a shaving razor blades (Personal Touch brand) from Target. Never caught. I have never stole since, but I just wanted to see if I could get away w/ it.
4. I once was so drunk on Southern Comfort in college one night I started a small mosh pit at a party.
5. I keep track of my calories.
6. I read the Bible almost everyday.
Oh my goodness, I love love love Calvin and Hobbes! I even have the complete hard-cover set in its fancy dancy slipcover. And I love it. My AIM buddy icon used to be Susie Derkins!
I think I did this before… well, it was “6 weird things”, which are pretty much the same thing, at least for me. I listed that permalink as my link this time around. 🙂
you did do this one before, but then it was only 5 things. 😉
Hey, I haven’t done a Me!Too! comment for a long time…..
I love, LOVE Calvin and Hobbes, too! I did suck it up and I bought the special, mongo-heavy hard case edition when it came out. It is well worth the money. My favorite bits were the “dad running for re-election” ones with Calvin consistently telling his dad he was lagging in the polls.
Totally did the meme…got it from Amalah! I love reading about other people’s craziness!!
I love C& H!! I was so bummed when it was over. Seriously, I cried. I know-freak!
#2 & 6, me too. #5? Hard to believe!
I jumped on the bandwagon too – http://utterlybrilliantthoughts.blogspot.com/2007/02/stupid-mercury.html
Thank God for you & Amy or I would’ve actually had to work today!
How ironic that you had a “Kill Your Television” bumper sticker and now you have a TV Addict blog. Oh, and how great was Heroes last night?
Finally, someone else who can vouch that Turkey Television actually existed! Not one of my friends who watched Nick back in the day remember that show, but I KNEW it wasn’t a figment of my imagination. My parents actually wouldn’t let me and my siblings watch it for some strange reason. Wasn’t it kinda crazy off-the-wall British humor?
That is such crap!!! I remember it well, it was not turkey television it was that science show!!! You did win it, and see, you don’t even remember the details, further proving that you DID NOT deserve it, and I did!!!
Happy Valentine’s Day, opportunity-to-win-a-shirt-dream theif!!!