(I haven’t done a bulleted list of random bits of nonsense in awhile.)
- I’m not as sore today as I thought I’d be after running 18 miles. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not feeling perfect, but I thought I’d be holding onto walls as I walked down the hall. Of course, I haven’t done any stairs yet, I’m guessing those are going to be fun. I hope no one at work will think less of me if I cry coming into the office today.
- LilZ said he and his best friend were bored the other night on the phone and found random entries on my blog to read and act out. I find this both awesome and terrifying at the same time. This is the one they stumbled on and were trying to sing the Kyper song, even though they had never heard it. Better that one than any of the number of boob-sweat entries I did while I was pregnant, I guess.
- I’m setting a few goals for the week. The most important being: I’m going to come home from work CALM. Lately, with my new work schedule, I enter my home in the evenings in a frenzy because it just feels so late. I rush in to start dinner, do housework, and hang out with NikkiZ before she goes to sleep for the night. I feel like the last few weeks I’m a bit frenzied and it stresses everyone else out as well. This week? I’m going to arrive and be calm and take deep breaths. I don’t move any faster when I’m anxious – so why bother? I’m sure I’ll enjoy that time with the family more if I’m chilled out a bit. And I know they’ll enjoy it more since they kinda brace for my arrival every evening as I storm into the house in full-on PANIC! mode.
- I didn’t watch all of the Grammy’s last night, but I did see the opening act with The Police. Dude. SO COOL.
- LilZ and I were just discussing this weekend how there are so many good movies out at the theater right now that we want to see. We used to go see movies all the time before NikkiZ was born. It doesn’t usually phase us that we don’t go anymore, because lately there’s been nothing but crap out.
- I’m ready for this week. Someone mentioned I sounded Grumpy all last week on my blog, and she was right, I did! So – this week? I’m going to try to remain calm and stress-free all week. Stress doesn’t get things done faster, it just makes you feel crappier while you do it. So this week? I’m going to try to make a real effort to CHILL THE HELL OUT.
10 thoughts on “Monday Morning Bullets”
So, grumpy last week, aiming for happy this week. Next week……Sneezy or Dopy?
The anxiety and stress is an endless cycle. Deep breaths is what my assistant tells me. I think I will set the same goal for myself.
I’m cheering you on. After 18 miles, this is minor.
Here’s to an unfrenzied, not grumpy, wonderful week.
I wonder how they would have acted out the boob sweat entries. Probably with a lot of giggling.
I would just like to say that since I’ve not had the internet – which has been for about four months now – I have had two dreams about you. I don’t remember one of them but I know the other one you had left your husband and your kids. You were with someone else and you had a little boy who you called Frog and you had a whole new website with a different name so no one would find you but I still knew who you were. It was strange. I met you in this huge building with loads of stairs. I must miss you.
Have a great stress free/anxiety free week!! It is HARD to be grumpy here during this week. The energy is just starting to pick up for Mardi Gras, friends/family coming to town? all the king cake I can stuff in my face in the next week? I will make sure to have some for you. Can’t send you any since you are being sooooo good!! 🙂
Great! Make me feel bad! 🙁 I was trying to be supportive 😛
Nice job on the 18 miles! Just a hint, if you don’t have any run scheduled today, try to get in at least a brisk walk – helps keep the leg bits from getting too sore! and watch out for DOWN stairs, going up you can drag yourself the bannisters but I always have a hell of a time going down steps after a long run.
18 miles…holy cow. You are da bomb! 😉
The Police killed it last night. And I loved the Red Hot Chili Peppers, too. So glad they won…the album is great. Um, did I just call it an album? I’m old.
You know; I always find things actually get done faster when I’m NOT in panic mode. I hope it works for you, too.
Last night I managed to stay awake long enough to see the Police. After that? I have no clue because I fell dead asleep. 🙁
18 MILES??!! Are you insane? You must be one lean mean running machine.