(I haven’t done a bulleted list of random bits of nonsense in awhile.)
- I’m not as sore today as I thought I’d be after running 18 miles. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not feeling perfect, but I thought I’d be holding onto walls as I walked down the hall. Of course, I haven’t done any stairs yet, I’m guessing those are going to be fun. I hope no one at work will think less of me if I cry coming into the office today.
- LilZ said he and his best friend were bored the other night on the phone and found random entries on my blog to read and act out. I find this both awesome and terrifying at the same time. This is the one they stumbled on and were trying to sing the Kyper song, even though they had never heard it. Better that one than any of the number of boob-sweat entries I did while I was pregnant, I guess.
- I’m setting a few goals for the week. The most important being: I’m going to come home from work CALM. Lately, with my new work schedule, I enter my home in the evenings in a frenzy because it just feels so late. I rush in to start dinner, do housework, and hang out with NikkiZ before she goes to sleep for the night. I feel like the last few weeks I’m a bit frenzied and it stresses everyone else out as well. This week? I’m going to arrive and be calm and take deep breaths. I don’t move any faster when I’m anxious – so why bother? I’m sure I’ll enjoy that time with the family more if I’m chilled out a bit. And I know they’ll enjoy it more since they kinda brace for my arrival every evening as I storm into the house in full-on PANIC! mode.
- I didn’t watch all of the Grammy’s last night, but I did see the opening act with The Police. Dude. SO COOL.
- LilZ and I were just discussing this weekend how there are so many good movies out at the theater right now that we want to see. We used to go see movies all the time before NikkiZ was born. It doesn’t usually phase us that we don’t go anymore, because lately there’s been nothing but crap out.
- I’m ready for this week. Someone mentioned I sounded Grumpy all last week on my blog, and she was right, I did! So – this week? I’m going to try to remain calm and stress-free all week. Stress doesn’t get things done faster, it just makes you feel crappier while you do it. So this week? I’m going to try to make a real effort to CHILL THE HELL OUT.