Eventually I’ll finish the long and meaningful post about Blogher and what it’s like to meet or be around women who have inspired me or moved me or simply changed my life with their writing. Until then? More of the minutia surrounding the event.
- The hotel was a little, um, used to say the least. And my room did not have a bathtub so I had to shower with NikkiZ and that was ROUGH since babies get so damn slippery when they’re soapy and wet.
- Some people are WAAAY cooler in person
- It is fun having your make-up done by an expert. It’s even more fun when he comments on how great your foundation looks and you know deep down you bought it at target.
- I am NOT comfortable being filmed. AT ALL. I felt very alien and moronic and idiotic and foolish and every other negative word you can think of. Remind me not to take Oprah’s job when they offer it to me.
- The one panel I was looking forward too ended up disappointing me (more on that later when I finish processing it all) but the one I just went to because some friends snuck in there was AWESOME.
- I found new blogs to read! Who would have guessed?
- I’m going to miss these women. I need to take them home with me.
- I’m so glad I felt so comfortable so quickly around my friends from the computer, this conference wouldn’t not have been as enjoyable without them.