Since LilZ was with his Dad today, I offered to take MrZ out to dinner, kinda for Father’s Day, and to give us an excuse to leave NikkiZ at his parents’ – which they love. We spent most of the day running errands and got back about 30 minutes before we were supposed to leave for our date. Somehow, we managed to shower and get fixed up pretty nice in those 30 minutes. I would just like to look at my wet hair in this picture as hard core proof that if the event calls for it, I will bathe once in awhile.
Of course, what you can’t see is the band-aid on my ankle where I sliced an artery shaving and bled all over the damn house before I even noticed. SEXY.
It was our first time going to a Bonefish Grille and it was super yummy. We had Tilapia and Chilean Bass as well as some “Bang Bang Shrimp” to start the meal off with. The ticket, with tip, was 91 dollars and we didn’t even drink anything, so for us? That is a damn fancy meal.
(And I didn’t spill anything on myself! It’s a miracle!)
Signs this place was fancier than we’re used to:
1. It had a real revolving door.
2. There was a wine list. And none of them said “in a box.”
3. The waiter seemed waaay classier than me. We usually eat at places where the waitstaff smells like bongwater. Incense. Sometimes both.
4. The sugar and sweet-n-low for the coffee? Came in weird paper tubes instead of standard packets. What’s up with that?
5. The waiter actually went over the menu for us, and it took like 10 minutes.
6. They served desserts on fire.
7. They boxed our food up for us and put it in a fancy bag. FANCY.
8. They used “pine nuts” in things. What the hell are pine nuts? Pine trees don’t have nuts.
9. Did I mention the revolving door?
10. We managed to spend 91 dollar even without ordering alcohol. That’s WAAAY fancy for us.
When we came back for NikkiZ, she was doing great but felt a little warm. Long story short? We think she’s sick now since she’s running a fever of 102. However, we don’t know what she’s sick from since she showing exactly ZERO other symptoms. She’s sleeping relatively peacefully right now, but I’m still worried about her. Let’s hope she’s not sick for her first Father’s Day. Feel free to let us know of any mystery illnesses that cause fevers and nothing else.