I bought some GIANT potatoes this weekend so we could have loaded potatoes one night for dinner. Well, tonight was the night and I was feeling ALL RIGHT. I was so looking forward to the yummy potatoes because I had all the toppings for them waiting to be eaten. Cheese…bacon bits…butter…yum. Well, I nuked them in the microwave in a pyrex dish covered in cellophane for 15 minutes first. That’s how I cook my potatoes. Then, after the timer went off on the microwave, I took the dish and put it directly into the oven.
Do you see where this is going?
And then, about 20 minutes later, I smelled something burning and it hit me. “Shit! I left the cellophane on the dish!” and sure enough, when I went to get the Pyrex out of the oven, the cellophane was MELTED to the potatoes. Essentially? I poisoned our dinner. The dinner that I was SOOO looking forward to.
Resolution? Quick trip to the local BBQ joint for 1lb of BBQ and 3 baked potatoes. They actuallly were better because we had BBQ to put on them too. Unfortunately, I think the pyrex dish may be permanently ruined. And our house STILL smells like burning plastic.
This is Zoot’s brain. This is Zoot’s brain on no sleep. Any questions?