It’s early (6:15am) and at some point in the next few minutes, all of the dogs will wake up (because they’ll hear me up) and the day will get started. I just wanted to pop in first thing and say that I am, quite possibly, the luckiest woman on the face of the planet. My friend, Junkie, threw the best baby shower in the history of all baby showers. The food was great, the games were hysterical, and it all suited MrZ and I very well considering we are not your typical couple. The shower was held around the Alabama football game (which went VERY well, thank you GOD, MrZ was in the BEST mood) and I don’t know if it could have been possible for me to laugh harder than I did yesterday. I will try to post more details later but just in case I never do (ha!) I did want to stop in and just give you a quick summary.
- We got everything we could possibly need for NikkiZ’s arrival. She is welcome to come any day now.
- The more beer MrZ has had, the worse he is at silly shower games.
- Beer is a great addition to any baby shower.
- Baby showers when the boys are invited? Are more fun than when they’re not.
- Infant jewelery makes me cry.
- My in-laws are awesome.
- My friends are awesome.
- All of the kids who wrapped up the baby shower performing Love Shack on the karaoke machine are awesome.
- My husband is awesome.
- It IS possible for a pregnant woman to spend an entire afternoon laughing her ass off and not even ONCE pee on herself.
- It is ALSO possible for that SAME pregnant woman to eat more food that should physically fit into her body and actually not spill ONE PIECE on herself.
- I’m not sure what it says about me that in the game we played forming words from NikkiZ’s full name, I was the only one who resorted to using curse words.
I’ll post pictures and give more detail later, but my Bro-in-law’s girlfriend summed it up PERFECTLY when she said “That’s the first baby shower I’ve not gotten bored at.” And you know what? It lasted FOUR HOURS, so that’s saying quite a bit.