Memorable Birthday Moments.
– Last year, I had to get a steroid shot in my ASS on my birthday because some damn wasp, carrying some bug disease stung me and gave me some weird insect infection.
– MrZoot bought me a stereo our first birthday together. He’s an awesome gift giver, when he remembers. Last year he got me the most beautiful jewelry, and who doesn’t appreciate that?? (Love ya, hon!)
– I had my first slumber party on my 14th birthday. My Mom’s boyfriend at the time, let me invite a couple friends over (his daughter was my age too) and said we could stay up all night and use his hot tub. I was looking forward to it forever. I ended up with some weird earache and I remember being miserable all night and not able to fully enjoy the fun. I did get to enjoy the hot tub though. It was lovely.
– My dad gave me my famous ewok for my 10th birthday. I still have this thing and sleep with it often. (Obviously – it was fluffy and fat at one point in time). My Dad used to wake me up in the mornings, by giving the thing a voice and making it talk to me. My Dad’s hilarious so it was a great way to wake up. Ewok has gone everywhere with me my whole life. This is probably the only gift that holds a higher place in birthday lore, than my autographed Blaire Warner Photo.
– One birthday was spent on a bike trip with my day camp in the Smokies. Since I was too embarassed to tell them I didnt think my skills were up to such a trip, I just told them I didnt have a bike. Well – that day? They brought me one to use. And it had gears, and I DEFINITELY didnt know what to do with a bike with gears. I’m not sure how long it took (not long, I’m sure) but I did have a nasty wipe out eventually, and they let me ride the rest of the way in the van.
– So far? This birthday is shaping up to be awesome. LilZoot let me open two presents this morning (key chain shaped like a dog bone, and a flower to-go coffee mug), MrZ has sent me TWO e-cards, and I have had, like ninety billion “Happy Birthday Zoot!”s from you guys. Okay – not quite ninety billion, but damn close. I love you ALL! And so does Blaire Warner – just read her book, she tells you so!