Grover, Tampons, Haircuts…OH MY.
Crazy Week. Crazy Month. Chaos Abounds. I haven’t hit my running deadline for the month and it’s the last day. This is STRESSING ME OUT. I’ve got deadlines and piles of dirty laundry and uncooked food and dirty litter boxes.
(The first time I typed that last sentence it said, “Uncooked dirty litter boxes.” YUM!)
So! We’re cheating in the blog department and throwing out some bullet points! YAY FOR BULLETS!
- Sweetie is our ONLY dog now and that’s made her a bit clingier than usual. I don’t think we could handle another dog right now, but I do feel bad for her. Anyone had a dog be suddenly alone after a lifetime of companionship? Do they make puppy prozac for those situations?
- Even though I’ve gotten better about my social anxieties, I’m still a mess when I run into people out in public. I used to avoid people I knew, now I get over-excited about seeing them. I wave WAY too enthusiastically and then just start babbling about whatever was in my head the moment I saw them. LIKE TAMPON COMMERCIALS. (Yes. I talked about that to someone I ran into a Publix.) IT NEVER ENDS WELL. Luckily, I make it widely known that I’m socially inept so no one expects anything better from me.
- I’m chopping all my hair off tomorrow. Maggie linked a picture of St. Vincent that is more-or-less what I’ve been thinking about in terms of a short hair cut for YEARS. I’m taking the picture with me and we’ll see what happens!
- I asked for local recommendations of hair people and I went for the one that someone said, “She likes YA fiction,” because – you know – when shopping for a stylist that should be at the top of the MUST HAVES list.
- Did you see that yesterday Grover took over Twitter and reenacted my favorite childhood book? SO COOL.
- Also in self-linking: I added more updates to my post about “The Lizzie Bennet” diaries. SHIT WENT DOWN yesterday. And not the kind of shit Austen wrote about – I CAN TELL YOU THAT FOR SURE.
- Donnie has been monitoring his
footFOOD (I make that typo ALL THE TIME.) intake trying to lose the few pounds he gained over the holidays in order to prep for Tri season. It’s so easy for him that it’s making ME eat MORE because I’m so disappointed that I’ve been trying for years to do what he sits down and just DECIDES TO DO…and DOES IT. Anyone else do that? Stress eat MORE because someone near them is dieting successfully? No? Just me then?
- I’ve been wearing eye-liner and mascara lately. On some days. This is probably the most “regular” I’ve ever been about wearing makeup. I’ve been doing it relatively consistently for about a month now. And still…STILL…I forget and rub my eyes when I’m tired. And I never realize the mess I’ve made of my face until AFTER the next trip to the bathroom. Let’s hope this never happens when I run into someone I know at Target. Then the spontaneous chat about feminine hygiene products will seem even WEIRDER.