I’ve said before that I believe in the power of Prayer in a very abstract way. I believe that even one person thinking about a positive hope/wish for another person creates positive energy in their life and that can have a positive effect on the other person’s life. Therefore…prayer has a very positive power and I never dismiss it, even as a non-believer.
However, even in my more Catholic days, I had a hard time with the belief that there might be a God in the universe that answers specific prayer requests like…that a person get a specific job, or that a person be cured of a disease, or that a contract gets selected. I never really bought that type of prayer, mainly because I had a hard time willingly believing in a God that would give my sister that job she wants, but not give clean water to people in impoverished villages.
All of that said? Dude. I COULD USE SOME PRAYERS RIGHT NOW.
I mean, in the grand scheme of things? My life is great. No complaints. No big issues that need to be addressed. But I do feel like the Universe has been taking tiny poops on my head for awhile now. Nothing too messy or hard to clean up, but just tiny poops keep dropping into my life for the last several weeks and I WOULD LIKE A BREAK RIGHT NOW.
Let’s discuss our challenges of late, shall we?
- Wes got the mystery-but-severe virus that had him with a fever of 104 at one point. Knocked him out of all activity for a solid 2 days.
- Both kids ended up in the ER – one with orbital fracture and the other with a concussion – from a slide incident.
- E got a severe ankle sprain at a trampoline place in Birmingham. He thought it was broken, made a late trip to the ER just in case.
- Donnie had an elbow injury that created what they call a septic bursa which had to be drained and is being treated with antibiotics.
- Nikki is have some quite severe issues at school already that have us currently hunting for a counselor for her. These are problems beyond anything she’s ever had before and worrying about them is basically keeping me up every night.
And last night? LAST NIGHT? Lice. Lice in Wesley’s hair.
So you know? Maybe we could use some prayers in the form of some positive energy being sent our way because I have had enough. Seriously. I’d maybe like some good news. We’ve had no major bad news…these are all solvable problems…but DAMN. I WOULD LIKE TO GO A FEW DAYS WITHOUT PROBLEMS.
Our house is still on the market. We’re priced a million dollars below market and still…no one wants to come see it. Because the universe is just having fun pooping tiny poops on my head right now. At least if it was giant diarrhea poops I’d feel comfortable just breaking down and begging for mercy, but the tiny poops are kinda not a big deal individually and they’re relatively easy to clean up BUT I’D LIKE A BREAK FROM THE TINY POOPS.
So let’s maybe cross our fingers that the house sells. That would be the good news we could really use right now. Or maybe that the lice doesn’t show up beyond Wesley’s hair. We shaved his head – it was something we were discussing anyway – BUT NIKKI AND I WERE NOT DISCUSSING THIS. So if they show up in our heads? We’re screwed.
So we’d welcome any positive thoughts and prayers right now. We’d like a break from the tiny poops on our heads.