Bullets ‘O Fun to distract us all from the Updates ‘O Sadness
- AndyZ came home with his first bite from school the other day. I honestly do not care about such things at this age because they just happen. No big deal. I kinda want to chomp on his chubby calves when I see them too. So, I can understand. The funny thing is the teachers don’t tell you who did it – for obvious reasons – but based on the impression on his leg I could totally find the culprit. That’s how clear of a bite it was.
- There is one intersection on our way to school in the mornings that often smells like rotten eggs. The other morning that smell got NikkiZ and I talking about other smells and if we like them or not. She likes the smell of “People, flowers, cats, rocks and houses.” And then she said, “But, Momma? I do NOT like the smell of boy farts.” That’s my girl.
- MrZ is getting close to being able to cut his hair (he’s donating it to Locks of Love) and recently I was just absent-mindedly running my fingers through it. He said, “That feels good.” And then, it was like a light bulb went off in his head as he exclaimed, “Now I see what you mean about wishing people would play with your hair! It feels awesome!” See? Sometimes the gender differences can be breached. Now if only I could get him to understand why I would like to eat my weight in ice cream when I’m depressed.
- I really like the idea of the 31 Days to a Better Blog challenge, but I didn’t see anything anywhere that included things like Eat Lots of Ice Cream or Watch Reruns Of Buffy as part of the strategy so I’m not sure I can really get on board.
- Speaking of Buffy…Anyone seen Castle yet? I kinda love it. Or Nathan Fillion. One of the two.
- AndyZ slept through the night in his crib for five days straight last week. Not again since, but still: FIVE DAYS STRAIGHT. And it only required half of a dose of Benadryl a night.
- I went to Target this weekend and bought new makeup. I had NO makeup before that moment because I threw it all out when it occurred to me that the youngest item in the bag was over a year old. And crusty. I spent about $30 on makeup and think I’ll probably be set for the next year. Or two. Depending on how crusty the stuff gets.
- I went and got my hair trimmed at one of those Cuts By Us places last week. It’s been about 3-4 months since my last trim, so it was long overdue. I always get them to wash my hair first because (a) it’s easier to cut wet and (b) it feels damn good. And let me tell you, the girl who washed my hair? BEST. HAIR WASHER. EVAH. I told her I was going to make an appointment again in another month just to have her wash my hair. She thought I was weird. Whatever.